Head Coffee Roaster
Ue Coffee Roasters is recruiting for a Production Roaster to work full time in our roastery located in Witney, West Oxfordshire.
This is a physically demanding role requiring a lot of hard work, repetition and an eye for attention and detail will be essential.
This role is best suited for someone who likes to work independently and takes great pride in the quality of his or her work.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Weighing and roasting coffee as per the daily roast schedule
- Use Cropster alongside the Giesen inbuilt roaster profile system to log all roasts
- Carry out weekly cuppings to maintain quality and consistency in the roasting process
- Perform monthly cuppings and espresso tastings with both our heads of wholesale and retail
- Maintain roastery equipment on a weekly basis
- Sweep and clean roastery each day
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year’s proven experience in a similar role working in a commercial roastery setting.
- Attention to detail at all times.
- Passion for artisanal coffee.
- Quality-driven in every aspect of roasting and how the coffee is presented to our customers.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management.
- Excellent sense of vision, hearing & smell.
- Physically fit: able to lift up to 30kg, drag up to 70kg & stand up to 8 hours.
- Mechanically apt: able to use linear weighing, packing machines, pallet trucks and forklift truck.
- Proficiency in English: reading, writing & speaking.
- Good computer skills: email, Microsoft Excel, web-based applications, and Windows operating systems.
- Good mathematical & analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills.
- Able to work independently, multitask & remain calm under pressure.
- Willing to work evenings & weekends when necessary.
If you are interested in applying, please send an up to date CV with a covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to: email@example.com We regret we are only able to reply to applicants selected for an interview.
Ue Coffee Roasters is an award winning independent coffee roastery based in Witney on the edge of the Cotswolds border, employing 30 staff and we’re proudly celebrating our tenth year in business.
As well as supplying 460 quality wholesale coffee customers around the UK, we also have a strong presence on the internet with our ecommerce business.
Alongside the above we also own and operate three successful speciality artisan coffee shops in our home town of Witney with plans well underway to open a fourth location being our flagship coffee store, incorporating a working roastery along with a fully equipped barista training school which is all set to open in the Summer of 2020.
Historically we have been known for our wood roasted coffee, as the first and only commercial wood fired coffee roastery in the UK. Wood roasting will still firmly remain at the heart of what we do, however we also see the importance of modern day roasting technology and the need to partner with brands such as Giesen.
With the new arrival of our brand new Giesen W30 and W15 roasting systems soon to hit our roastery floors, this is an exciting time for our business as we embark on our next chapter of our journey.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is hungry to stamp their mark and looking to progress their career in the world of speciality coffee, with a forward thinking and fast growing brand.
Training and on-going development of our team is at the heart of Ue Coffee Roasters. Further sponsored SCA accredited training is offered to all staff members who are able to demonstrate a heartfelt commitment to the business and have a desire to succeed personally, with an eye on further development within the business as we grow.
We are offering a very competitive salary package, 28 days holiday with benefits which is flexible based upon experience and what value you can bring to our business.