Serves 2 cups
30g of medium to coarsely ground coffee
500ml of filtered water straight off the boil
Approximate brew time for all water to pass through is 5 minutes
Serves 4 cups
60g of coarsely ground coffee
1 litre of filtered water straight off the boil
Approximate brew time for all water to pass through is 7 minutes
- Insert paper filter into the Chemex with the thickest fold over the spout.
- Thoroughly wet the filter with hot water and carefully discard the water from the bottom of the Chemex.
- Add the coffee into the bottom of the filter.
- Gently pour 50-100ml of boiling water onto the coffee, aiming to wet all of the grounds. Leave to ‘bloom’ for 30-40 seconds.
- Continue to pour a gentle stream with the remainder of the water, depending on the batch size until all the water has passed through the coffee.
- Remove the filter before serving.